Skip to main content

Presentation - global bird


Presentation day



First thing i have to say is that i had no participation in making the presentation as i was preoccupied trying to submit Performance and character. So all the credit goes to Elena because without her this group of been a shambles and our presentation would have been a disaster. Thankfully we had her and I believe that our presentation went the smoothest and most professional in the class. I really have a fear of public speaking and i felt like shit going up and talking. What made it as worse was when i was explaining the tests i had done of different birds, i called our bird spazzy which i regretted immediately. We didn't get too much feedback, just really to test some composites together before we fully start animating and Joe said we should change the bird on the logo, but i don't know if we will do that. We did composite tests and had no issues so we could move on to animating the bird. All credit to Elena again, the backbone of this group.


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belbin - Making of

Belbin roles - Making a balanced team  Going into this session, I still hadn't decided on which group i want to join but Annabeth said it should be decided by the end of this session. I had offers from a few groups but decided to join up with Jolanta, Elena and Alisha as i knew i wanted to another attempt at a 2-D group project and i felt like this team had good chemistry and was full of talented artists. Annabeth explained Belbin roles to us and how these 9 personalities make a strong balanced team.  When going through the Belbin roles i found that these four applied best to me;   Monitor Evaluator  -  I feel this suits me well as i know that the critical side of my brain is over developed and have always thought i had sound judgement when it came to decision making. Working very slowly resonated too deeply and is something I'm trying to work on. Team Worker -  I feel that my social relation when working in a group is always good,...

Creative play with digital media students

The day began in the maker space, along with the digital media students. The digital media tutor called Mark explained to us that we were going to be placed randomly selected groups and make a tower only using paper and no other materials. My team was nice however they were quite quiet, me and Decland tried to lead the conversation and get everyone talking and sharing, they opened up a but but even by the end of the day some members of the group weren't really talking. The first task was building the tallest tower using only paper and no other materials and at the top of the tower an egg for fifteen seconds. I felt like only half of our group were trying to work quickly and because we were working at a slightly slower pace to other groups it hindered the potential of the final product. As a team we decided that it was best to have the egg protected so it wouldn't die.  With our team being number one we were made to present first, and then we were told it would be measured f...

birds eye view of a bird - Global Bird - Scene 3

Birds eye view of a bird - Global Bird - Scene 3 I took over Aidans shot, as he had a lot more work to do because lack of help from Alisha, and she had done a shot that was listed for me and i had already started it, the lack of communication from her and minimal effort made caused a lot of problems, mainly for Elena and Aidan. I knew the back shot i did of the bird had the potential to work in the scene. After my first edit  it still looked like it was nose diving still even after i fixed the size a added lines to make it seem that from a different angle. I don't have any working of this as i worked through this fairly quickly. After I showed it to Annabeth, she suggested the wings need a slight bit of altering and I changed about 3 frames and and the beak positioning, after i did this it looked much better. All that was left was the tail which was out of perspective now but after i fixed that the animation looked strong in my opinion. All that was left was to sync and...