Skip to main content

Script to screen - Briefing

A replacement module for creative play, but we'll be working alone which might be better or worse who knows. I think it'll be better as i wont be waiting on other people and I know if i create a story i care about i'll be working my ass off to get it to the best of my ability.

requirements for this module 
  • Production bible
  • 1 animatic
The limitations set to us are that the characters are in one environment and have two main characters focusing on a problem. I need to ask if these can be slightly fudged, such as a large environment with more than one location and secondary characters with small roles. Annabeth mentioned that there are certain things we should try to do to improve our work and in turn get a better grade such as animation reviews and breakdowns.


One of the reasons why i love annabeth is that she shows us some great and insiprational videos. I know that everyone was blown away by the antman animatic as they should cos it was fucking amazing. as well as 'work' by caltech and how they maximised small animations to create an animatic that was near enough a finished product. I'm unsure where I'll be using maya or experimenting with 2d but i think that would depend on the story. The story and script writing process is what is scaring me the most. Creative writing isnt really a muscle ive ever flexed so im nevous going into that realm. 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pendulum - Stop mo

First off I have to start by staying this was definitely the most painful day I've experienced. The unforgiving nature of stop motion angers me to a level I can't understand. I will learn to love this as I can see the benefits and skills it teaches, a real life practical application of timing and spacing. Joe and Johnny always say don't start an animation without planning so I've been strictly abiding by those rules, which tends to mean I spend a good amount of time planning before I even enter the stop motion room.  This being my second pendulum animation, I decided it would be best this time to have an actual video reference which was a crude video of a pen swinging from some headphones, I was in a public space so it was a bit embarrassing to record. From the video what I learned was how the pendulum comes to a stop, the swings a short obviously but they are incredibly slow, and moving in other directions rather than just left to right.  I did a bar she

Using indesign

Another program I'm going to haven't to get to grips using. I don't know why most of the features are so different to Photoshop where I'm sure it would be easy enough to do the same thing. But alas we have been told to learn this program. Johnny showed me a way to get the master pages numbered, but for some reason it wasn't working for me. I guess i must of done something wrong but i couldn't figure it out even after an extreme google search. So i did the next best thing and asked Kira how to do it and she showed me a different method but it work fine and i think it was easier to remember.  so her method was to use the rectangular frame tool  then use the text tool inside that frame right click and place a special character in for the current page number. It did exactly what johnny had showed me.  these are some inspirational magazine articles i found that i would like my final design to look like. 

Perspective 1

Honestly I cant understand how I've become so bad at perspective. Maybe it's I used to do from a full technical way and I never really did it free hand. But even still I'm shock how hard i found it and it looks so shit I think it's kind of good in a way. Finding my weakness and strengthening them will only help me as an artist. Need to do further research either by ready books or watching YouTube videos and practice, practice and more practice. I hated doing the floor plan. Working out the measurements and scale did my head in. I'm pretty good at this, better than perspective anyway but I know 100% this isn't what I want to do.