Skip to main content

So I got to do some animating + egg day

I thought that I had given enough time to Poli and Maddy to do the first scene but it's been over a week since they started it and it looks like they'll get the first scene done just in time for the show. So working on the second scene and all the options was put to me, it wasn't too difficult just took a lot of time because of the different emotions and gestures each character makes. I thought I'd give toon boon a try but regretted that decision immediately because I didn't the foggiest idea of what I was doing. 



With the time crunch I didn't think it was wise to try and learn a new animation software two days before the show, so I went back to photoshop because I'm more familiar using it.  I started off the same way Poli and Maddy started theirs, by creating silhouettes of each pose. Then using a drawing Maddy had sent us I drew each pose out.


When I had this done, Poli had finished her job on the first scene and so she was available to help me finish the remaining scenes. I showed her my work process of having 3 poses for each action and emotion.



 I thought each action looked pretty good and when it was synced with the audio would work nicely. Poli then had to leave because it was getting late and so I had to composite the characters into the scene, was easy just very tedious and would been faster if I had more people.





 I decided to stay the night because Indya would be up all nice doing post, but for whatever reason she didn't want me to help. I was a bit annoyed by this because it would only reduce the quality of the work because she would have less time to spend on certain scenes. I thought by staying she would give me some work to do which didn't happen in the end.
When morning came, I had an awful nights sleep only to be rudely woken by security, so my day wasn't off the greatest of starts. I really wasn't in the mood to speak and I knew that my filter would be off and I'd say things I'd regret and piss off some people, so when this happens I just tend to stay silent because im the type of person who follows the rule of if you don't have anything nice to say don't speak at all. My group eventually rolled in and Indya showed me what the final presentation looked like and it wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. What made me sad was that she didn't use all the different emotions and pose I had animated, I understand that it was late and she was tired but that's why I offered to help in post. It was done now anyway but I was too dead to anything so I just took the day to chill out. Eventually I found out that we'd have to a presentation on our work and that was the last thing I want because I have a fear of public speaking. I was already not in the greatest of moods so I made it clear that I wouldn't be speaking.




 When the exhibition came, everyone's work was really good , but I did think it was a bit safe even though I know that's where our group fell short because we over complicated things. I do think the voice acting lowered the quality of the animation because the people we got to voice were pretty dry and spoke with no enthusiasm. If we had to do it again first priority would be getting a schedule sorted and making sure all the team is present for the work. Time is something you can't get back and if we got to work on the animation sooner it would of looks ten times better. Also I would redo the voice acting, I offered to be one the characters but Indya said that Johnny made it clear to get people outside of our animation class to do it and Indya knew some some in the digital media class so it made sense to get them do it. I can't put all the blame on myself even though I know a lot of time was wasted getting the idea up to a standard I liked. I still enjoyed the project and the message it contained, as well as everyone in my group, if anything I like them more as people. Working on my commutation skills and getting my idea across in away everyone can understand is essential to being a better group leader (I didn't want to be group leader but they made me).


Image result for i would do it again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pendulum - Stop mo

First off I have to start by staying this was definitely the most painful day I've experienced. The unforgiving nature of stop motion angers me to a level I can't understand. I will learn to love this as I can see the benefits and skills it teaches, a real life practical application of timing and spacing. Joe and Johnny always say don't start an animation without planning so I've been strictly abiding by those rules, which tends to mean I spend a good amount of time planning before I even enter the stop motion room.  This being my second pendulum animation, I decided it would be best this time to have an actual video reference which was a crude video of a pen swinging from some headphones, I was in a public space so it was a bit embarrassing to record. From the video what I learned was how the pendulum comes to a stop, the swings a short obviously but they are incredibly slow, and moving in other directions rather than just left to right.  I did a bar she

Using indesign

Another program I'm going to haven't to get to grips using. I don't know why most of the features are so different to Photoshop where I'm sure it would be easy enough to do the same thing. But alas we have been told to learn this program. Johnny showed me a way to get the master pages numbered, but for some reason it wasn't working for me. I guess i must of done something wrong but i couldn't figure it out even after an extreme google search. So i did the next best thing and asked Kira how to do it and she showed me a different method but it work fine and i think it was easier to remember.  so her method was to use the rectangular frame tool  then use the text tool inside that frame right click and place a special character in for the current page number. It did exactly what johnny had showed me.  these are some inspirational magazine articles i found that i would like my final design to look like. 

trying times - story outline

Three best friend triangles are chilling out on a summer’s day having a bbq. They decide it would be nice to take a picture of this day. But whilst taking the photo the mischievous red makes bunny ears behind Greens head ruining the photo. They begin to argue and silver in the back gets bored and wonders off. Once the bbq is set alight they notice their friend is missing and go off to search for their friend. Red quickly notices a triangle face down in the dirt but once they flip him over they realize it’s not their friend and it’s a different triangle. This mustached triangle points in the forest and after following the path they see it leads up the mountain. Once to the top of the mountain, red immediately notices another triangle in bushes and rums on towards into the bush. He jumps out immediately and is chased by a giant rhino, red and green run away and climb a tree to escape. At the top of the tree red sees another triangle in the water and without thinking he jumps into to the