Skip to main content

Second group session for "the city"

Image resultThe group session today was a mix of good and bad. The good is that we finalised that the the focus of our animation would be on homelessness, and Annabeth mentioned the big issue magazine. Indya jumped on that idea, obviously excited by it. Me and Poli didn't have a clue what it was and was shocked to find out that it was an organisation that helps homeless people get back on their feet by encouraging them to sell magazines instead of begging, their motto; working not begging. 


The bad of the group session was us coming to that conclusion.
We spent so much of the group session trying to explain our ideas and each member of the group had a different way of explaining and we all were struggling to understand each other. I can see this being a real issue because we were all getting frustrated that the group wasn't understanding each other's ideas and when we did understand, the ideas weren't always agreed upon. I wanted everyone's ideas to be apparent in the animation so everyone is engaged and motivated to work together. 



I hope that everyone really pushes what they want in the animation and don't feel that they can't express what they want. After this group session I get the feeling that will happen so I need to try to get the harmony in the group again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pendulum - Stop mo

First off I have to start by staying this was definitely the most painful day I've experienced. The unforgiving nature of stop motion angers me to a level I can't understand. I will learn to love this as I can see the benefits and skills it teaches, a real life practical application of timing and spacing. Joe and Johnny always say don't start an animation without planning so I've been strictly abiding by those rules, which tends to mean I spend a good amount of time planning before I even enter the stop motion room.  This being my second pendulum animation, I decided it would be best this time to have an actual video reference which was a crude video of a pen swinging from some headphones, I was in a public space so it was a bit embarrassing to record. From the video what I learned was how the pendulum comes to a stop, the swings a short obviously but they are incredibly slow, and moving in other directions rather than just left to right.  I did a bar she

Using indesign

Another program I'm going to haven't to get to grips using. I don't know why most of the features are so different to Photoshop where I'm sure it would be easy enough to do the same thing. But alas we have been told to learn this program. Johnny showed me a way to get the master pages numbered, but for some reason it wasn't working for me. I guess i must of done something wrong but i couldn't figure it out even after an extreme google search. So i did the next best thing and asked Kira how to do it and she showed me a different method but it work fine and i think it was easier to remember.  so her method was to use the rectangular frame tool  then use the text tool inside that frame right click and place a special character in for the current page number. It did exactly what johnny had showed me.  these are some inspirational magazine articles i found that i would like my final design to look like. 

trying times - story outline

Three best friend triangles are chilling out on a summer’s day having a bbq. They decide it would be nice to take a picture of this day. But whilst taking the photo the mischievous red makes bunny ears behind Greens head ruining the photo. They begin to argue and silver in the back gets bored and wonders off. Once the bbq is set alight they notice their friend is missing and go off to search for their friend. Red quickly notices a triangle face down in the dirt but once they flip him over they realize it’s not their friend and it’s a different triangle. This mustached triangle points in the forest and after following the path they see it leads up the mountain. Once to the top of the mountain, red immediately notices another triangle in bushes and rums on towards into the bush. He jumps out immediately and is chased by a giant rhino, red and green run away and climb a tree to escape. At the top of the tree red sees another triangle in the water and without thinking he jumps into to the