Skip to main content

Animation Context

The first actual lecture of university was what i expected, a briefing of our first module. Most of the lecture consisted of Johnny beating the Gibbs' reflective cycle into our heads. I can see why the university wants us to utilize this type of reflection and I will definitely refer to it when I am first writing up my blogs, but in time i know that i will have each area of the cycle memorized, which can only help in my writing skills and well as my own self analysis.



This module is on going throughout the year and we are tasked with writing a magazine article about an aspect of animation we are passionate about. Initially my intimidate thought was to look at the animation technique of One Punch Man as it i know it is a particularly difficult style of animation and i captures movement and speed so vividly. I do believe i should do some wide ranging research and look at other animation techniques that intrigue me.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pendulum - Stop mo

First off I have to start by staying this was definitely the most painful day I've experienced. The unforgiving nature of stop motion angers me to a level I can't understand. I will learn to love this as I can see the benefits and skills it teaches, a real life practical application of timing and spacing. Joe and Johnny always say don't start an animation without planning so I've been strictly abiding by those rules, which tends to mean I spend a good amount of time planning before I even enter the stop motion room.  This being my second pendulum animation, I decided it would be best this time to have an actual video reference which was a crude video of a pen swinging from some headphones, I was in a public space so it was a bit embarrassing to record. From the video what I learned was how the pendulum comes to a stop, the swings a short obviously but they are incredibly slow, and moving in other directions rather than just left to right.  I did a bar she

Using indesign

Another program I'm going to haven't to get to grips using. I don't know why most of the features are so different to Photoshop where I'm sure it would be easy enough to do the same thing. But alas we have been told to learn this program. Johnny showed me a way to get the master pages numbered, but for some reason it wasn't working for me. I guess i must of done something wrong but i couldn't figure it out even after an extreme google search. So i did the next best thing and asked Kira how to do it and she showed me a different method but it work fine and i think it was easier to remember.  so her method was to use the rectangular frame tool  then use the text tool inside that frame right click and place a special character in for the current page number. It did exactly what johnny had showed me.  these are some inspirational magazine articles i found that i would like my final design to look like. 

weights with mr h

Even with strikes going on I've been trying my best to keep up to date on the tasks so that means for me looking at tutorials. In the last lecture i can remember johnny mentioned sometjhing about using locators but that obvuioiusly made no sense to us. Luckly i found a tutorial on youube because there was absolutly ntohing on lynda regarding weights. The tutorial was quite easy to follow but i can say that i didn't really grasp how to do the locator, the whole process would be really difficult without a tutorial, i think if i had to do it without the tutorial id try my grouping technique that worked with the pull.